Redarc EGT & Boost Pressure 52mm Gauge with optional temperature display
EGT & Boost Pressure 52MM Gauge
The REDARC 52mm EGT & boost pressure gauge is a must for your diesel turbocharged vehicle.
The G52-BET is used to monitor the exhaust gas temperature (EGT) of turbo-equipped vehicles in conjunction with a pyrometer probe. EGT is an indication of how hot the combustion process is in a vehicles cylinders. Excessive EGT can cause engine or turbocharger damage. Many conditions can result in excessive EGT (i.e. too much fuel or not enough air) and are made worse when a vehicle is pulling a heavy load, climbing or running at continuous high speeds.
The boost pressure function monitors manifold air pressure and is used to ensure excessive pressure is not generated. By monitoring boost, you are able to keep the vehicle's engine components in the proper power range to achieve the most performance from your vehicle.
The gauge is supplied with a “K” type EGT sensor and electronic boost MAP sensor interface. The boost has a peak hold function with a display range from 0- 35 PSI and programmable alert level between 10 and 30 PSI. The EGT function also has a peak hold function with a range from 275 to 800 °C and is programmable between 500 and 800 °C. The EGT probe has a 1/8” NPT compression fitting and is supplied with a weld in mounting bung.
The G52-BET gauge also supports one of four optional temperature sensors. You will need to purchase one of the following REDARC temperature sensors to equip the gauge with this function:
- GS-UT-80: An NTC temperature sensor in a plastic housing for measuring cabin, fridge or outside temperature. Range is -20°C ~ + 80 °C. This sensor is supplied with a 6 metre extension cable.
- GS-UT-120: An NTC temperature sensor in a metal copper housing with 6mm diameter mounting hole. Range is -20~+120 °C. This sensor is supplied with a 6 metre extension cable.
- GS-OWT1-4: Water or Oil temperature sender. 1/4 NPT threaded. Designed to measure from -20~ +170°C. Supplied with 3 metre extension cable.
- GS-OWT1-8: Water or Oil temperature sender. 1/8 NPT threaded. Designed to measure from -20~ +170°C. Supplied with 3 metre extension cable.
The G52-BET gauge diameter requires a 52mm hole for mounting. REDARC offer a range of mounting solutions including a 2” black plastic mounting cup (GH-CUP) and one (GH-MP1), two (GH-MP2) and three (GH-MP3) hole gauge mounting panels. Radio inserts are also available for the Toyota Hilux (GH-RI05).
2.5” (GMC-2.5) and 3.25” (GMC-3.25) muffler clamps are also available from REDARC to hold the EGT probe.
The REDARC 24 to 12-volt adaptor (GA-2412V) can be used to connect this gauge to a vehicle with a 24-volt ignition and lighting supply.
- Satin Chrome Bezel
- 13 Selectable Backlight Colours
- EGT and boost peak hold functions
- Multiple programmable alert levels with amber or red backlight and audible beep
- Display illuminates when park lights are turned on so you can check battery voltages and discharge or charge current without turning on the ignition.
- If fitting more than one REDARC gauge, a communications link can be connected between the gauges to change the backlight colour of all at once.
|Sensor(s) (Included)||Boost EGT Interface|
|Sensor (Optional)||GS-UT-80 / GS-UT-120 / GS-OWT1-4 / GS-OWT1-8|
|Standby Current Draw||30mA|
|Input (Operating) Voltage||6 - 16V|